Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I Love To Spend Money

Honestly, as of recent, I don't. Now, understand that I am one of those who appreciates the finer things in life. I mean, come on, we can't take it with us right? When you work 40 hours a week, or 50, or 60, sometimes you need to treat yourself. I am of the opinion that spending a little more to get a little more is worth it. I also believe that you gotta spend money to make money, but that's another unrelated topic...

For me, spending 100$ on dinner with friends would probably make me uncomfortable. 75$ would be easier to swallow. 50$, I wouldn't blink twice. Going out and spending time with family, friends, loved ones, and having a GOOD meal is priceless. Do I do it every week? Noooo...but I might if I had the money.

I love food. I spare no expense for food. But lately, I've been having a really hard time spending money on it. It really is kind of exciting. I don't know if it's because I've been especially broke the last couple of weeks, or if I'm getting more serious about my budget, but I really DON'T want to spend spend spend like usual.

Hoarding money, tracking spending, and streching dollars have become some of my top daily priorities. Certainly I'm still eating out, but I have a budget for that now (oops - I'm almost maxed out for the month). And I THINK about what I'm spending. I've stood and stared at the vending machine thinking...do I really want to spend 80 cents?!

All of these new changes and challenges I welcome. I'm still tracking every penny and trying to make better decisions about my cash flow. I have to get my DMP paid off and some of these personal loans done. Baby needs a new ride!

1 Comments:

Blogger HC said...

Thanks for hosting. It looks great.

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home