Monday, August 07, 2006

Holy Hectic Schedule Batman!

Wow, it seems like it's been a few days (weeks) since I posted anything worthwhile. Fortunately things have slowed down and I have a little time to share my new toy!

Last week, on the 31st I was reading this post over at the beachgirl's blog about the debt-proof living plan and I was inspired to get started on it. yesssss! so, as soon as the 31st rolls around ( I started august 1) I'm going to
tally up my monsterous monthly spending total and get started on step two.

So far, I'd been keeping a little notebook as the instructions say, but today I was reading from the red and saw he was using a cool little app to track spending! hahahaha PERFECT!

I'll be updating this little baby for another couple of weeks(possibly after that) if you want to check it out. I can already see where all of my money is leaking out and I've been trying to make adjustments accordingly!

She thinks my tracker's sexy

4 Comments:

Blogger Kira said...

hehe.. tractor... =)

3:52 PM  
Blogger Beachgirl said...

I'm glad you found my post on DPL helpful...and glad to hear that you're gonna do it. I should be posting more on it over the next few days/weeks. I look forward to hearing how things are going. E-mail me if you have any questions (ntbeach at yahoo dot com).

9:27 PM  
Blogger EdHeath said...

Well, I noticed the unusual title of your blog on pghbloggers.org, and I have to say that I am impressed that you are working on your debt. I think you would find that most people your age do think about their financial future, but in vague terms. You are to be congratulated for thinking in concrete terms.

That said, maybe two pieces of advise. One is to wonder, if you are shopping for one, why so much at the 'iggle? Would you consider a Walmart, Sam's Club or Costco? You are trading fuel perks for other savings, admittedly, and have to shop somewhat carefully, but better to buy soda (diet or otherwise) for $.50 for a 2 litre at the evil Walmart.

Another way to think about life is to think about how you want to leave it for your grandkids. It tends to make us want to bicycle more, to use reusable packaging, to recycle. Often we find we can do well by doing good.
'kay, I'll hop off the soap box. Cheers and best of luck.

12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for the link, and glad to see you are getting as much use out of TracksLife as I am!

If we all follow even just pieces of Beachgirl's advice we'll be better off!

Cheers,

Red

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home