Monday, July 03, 2006

Taking Things Seriously

So, admittedly, I've gotten off track with this being financially responsible. It's upsetting to me. It's not that I've been especially foolish with my money lately (although I wouldn't say I've been smart), it's just that there's still alot of unresolved money issues that I'm avoiding/putting off. This is something I struggle with in every aspect of my life and it's come to the point where I'm fed up. I was talking to my friend over the weekend and I was trying to explain how I feel stuck in this mentality of 'struggle'. I was ranting about how the system is designed and how the man is always trying to keep us down and how there are so many opportunities to break free from this struggle but most people never realize and take advantage of them because we are so caught up. My friend said we aren't stupid people, we just don't know how or where to take our first step. I think it again goes back to our education and our experiences. We are stuck in the daily grind because we've been taught that this is how it is. Life is a struggle. Working for nothing, trying to get something, that we aren't sure even exists for us.

I'm sick of it. I shouldn't be struggling. I shouldn't be in debt. Not saying I'm making millions here in the burgh, but I do pretty good for my age. I have around 6 grand in debt. That's not an insane amount. I can certainly take care of it. I'm single, no kids, cheap housing...why the hell am I always scraping? THERE IS NO REASON I SHOULD BE!!

Yeah, that kind of blows my mind. So today, I'm finally (a month later) going to call and roll my 401k. I'm going to work on finishing some projects and collect some $$ owed to me. I'm going to take care of the rest of my bills. I'm going to call my debt management program and make up my missed payment(s). I know I'll feel better if I do this 'grown-up' thing right. If I'm trying to rise above this mentality, I know I have alot of work to do. I'm going to try and get another post up either Friday or next Monday, just to keep myself honest!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home