Monday, May 08, 2006

The Deluxe Apartment in the Sky

So, I somehow managed to get interviewed and offered a position at the company I interned with during the last week. As much as I don't want to sound like my decision to accept was solely based on money, I can't lie. It was. They offered to pay me 10k more than I'm currently making. I would be silly not to take the job. Because of the recent turn of events in my personal life, I'm now looking at having to be totally financially and emotionally independent. This, of course, is a huge stretch for me, and just another reason for me to accept this position. I need the extra $$ now more than ever.

I feel really guilty about leaving my current job. I'm scheduled to meet with my boss tomorrow morning and let her know. Hopefully she will be understanding. She knows that I've been house hunting...maybe she won't be surprised at all.

I am going to try and get one of those little status bars to track my debt/savings amounts. Really this is just for my benefit. It will be helpful to have a visual representation instead of just figures in my head.

I don't want to forget to thank those ladies for all the advice on my last post. I am going to come back to that issue later on this week. Hopefully I can plan on putting some of your ideas into action!

1 Comments:

Blogger young guns said...

When it comes to leaving a job for any reason...I really don't feel bad. It is part of the flow of things. Our whole goal is to work up! I'm sure that is our bosses goal as well...pretty much everyone can understand taking a job for more money! Sometimes I wonder if this is one of those "girl things"...feeling bad for taking something better...a lot of times we can find our selves worrying too much about other people and not taking care of us ;)

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home