Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Not saying I'm quite there yet...

The Saving Mindset - as quoted from another PF blog I read:

Here are a few tips on how to think and act frugally that I've found to be useful:

- Create 5-, 10-, 15- and 20-year plans. Having short and long term plans will help you be disciplined with your financial goals. Keep a small business card-sized card in your wallet that reminds you of these goals whenever you open your wallet to buy that expensive bottle of perfume everyone is buying.


- Your fellow twenty-something year old friends are not You. Don't buy all the coach bags, flat screen TVs, and Juicy Couture clothes that they buy. I hope this doesn't offend any of my friends who happen upon this blog.

- Anything that costs over $50 should go through a need or a want analysis.


- Don't let your money slip away on small items, such as spa manicure/pedicures. Instead, let your money build up for big things that will make a big impact on your life, such as an emergency fund or down payment for a home.


- Gifts for others don't need to be elaborate. Unless your friends and family really don't love you but just love your presents, which I doubt is the case.


Uh, wow... I really need to work on these, especially the part about letting money slip away on small items. I'm absolutely horrible with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home